Welcome to Dellie’s Corner: Lessons, Opinions and a Life Still Being Written



There are some things I want to talk about that don't necessarily fit neatly into news, politics, business or relationships.

That's what Dellie's Corner is for.

This will be the most personal section of Soulfood & Lemonade.

Sometimes I'll write about media.

Sometimes Jamaica.

Sometimes America.

Sometimes entrepreneurship.

Sometimes people.

Sometimes disappointment.

Sometimes success.

And sometimes I may simply share something life has taught me.

I don't write from the position of someone who has figured everything out.

I haven't.

I have made mistakes.

I've trusted the wrong people.

I've pursued ideas that didn't work.

I've had victories.

I've experienced disappointment.

I've had moments when things looked promising and moments when I wondered how I would continue.

But I continued.

And somewhere along the way, I learned that experience — including painful experience — can become useful when we're willing to learn from it.

Why Dellie's Corner?

Because sometimes the most useful thing we can offer another person isn't advice.

It's our story.

Someone may recognize themselves in something you survived.

Someone starting a business may learn from a mistake you made.

Someone thinking about giving up may discover that the person they see succeeding today once considered quitting too.

That is what I want this space to be.

Personal.

Thoughtful.

Sometimes challenging.

Sometimes humorous.

Sometimes uncomfortable.

But always genuine.

I won't promise that you'll agree with everything I write here.

I will promise that when something is presented as my opinion, I'll tell you it's my opinion.

And when I get something wrong, I'll be willing to correct it.

Welcome to Dellie's Corner.

The story is still being written.

Dellie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Soulfood & Lemonade: Beyond the Conversation

Black America: Our Challenges, Our Progress and Our Future

Media & Creators: Why Owning Your Voice Matters